n00bfest is a beginner-friendly partner competition designed for first-time competitors!
Competitors will be challenged with 3 tough events that include moderate weights and basic gymnastics skills (pull ups, push ups, toes to bar). You will not see heavy Olympic lifts during WODs or advanced gymnastics (muscle ups, HSPU).
This competition is perfect for the beginner/intermediate athlete looking to test their abilities in a fun, high energy environment.
*** Our shirt order goes out in early January, so make sure to register your team by Dec 31, 2016 to guarantee an event T shirt!
- 2 guys or 2 girls per team
- One division only per gender
EVENT 1 - 1RM Cluster
* Full details to be announced on day of event
EVENT 2- Relay Sprint
8 Burpee to 25# Bumper Plate
8/5 Assault Bike Cals
8 Front Squats, 115/73#
* Partner A completes an entire round, then Partner B completes an entire round. As many total rounds and reps as possible in 8 minutes.
2 rounds each, for time
10 DB Hang Power Clean + Push Presses, 30/20#
3 Tire Flips
60' Backwards Sled Pull
60' Sled Push
* Partner A completes an entire round, then Partner B completes an entire round. Repeat.
All tire flips may be done individually or as a pair. Exact weight on the sleds will be announced on day of event.
EVENT 4 - Chipper
12 minute cap
Russian KBS, 1.5/1
Wall Balls, 20/14#
* One person working at a time. Teams may choose to break up reps in any way they wish.