Effective date: June 1, 2014
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHY?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WHEN AND HOW DOES COMPETITION CORNER SHARE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
- HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
- CAN I ACCESS AND MODIFY MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
- CONSENT TO TRANSFER INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES
- SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- CONTACT US
Competition Corner and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries (collectively, “Competition Corner,” “us”, “we” or “our”) value your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. Competition Corner is a leading provider of Activity and Competition Management solutions. Our technology platform transforms the way competition organizers manage their events by automating online registrations and streamlining other critical planning, management and logistical functions of a competition, while also driving consumer participation to their events. Our websites include online communities for people who want to discover, participate in, and share activities about which they are passionate. Using our services, you’ll be able to learn about upcoming events, and, in some circumstances, to register for those events and tell your friends about the events.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHY?
The information we collect from you allows you to log into our Sites; use our Services and Applications; and register for and/or set up registration for you or your organization’s own. We also collect information from businesses, organizations, and individuals who request information from Competition Corner.
Individuals and agents of individuals may provide us information directly or indirectly by registering for an Event or by otherwise using our Services (these individuals are referred to as “Consumers”). For example, you may enter your information in order to register for an Event, or someone who has organized a team may enter your information on your behalf to register your entire team. In addition, individuals or organizations can use our Services to set up Events for Consumers (those who use our Services to provide a service to Consumers are referred to as “Clients”). Relatedly, our Clients (including agents of our Clients) may provide us personal information about individuals who have registered for an Event being operated by our Client or who the Client wants us to contact or otherwise provide Services to on behalf of the Client.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
Account Information for our Sites. You may browse our Sites without creating an online account or providing us with your information, but to use certain features or to register for an Event, you may need to create an account or otherwise provide us with information. When you create an account with us or register for an Event, we may ask you to provide the following:
- Your first and last name;
- Your email address and your desired password;
- Your display name (this is the name other people will see when you post items to one of our Sites or engage in other similar activities on our site);
- Your date of birth;
- Your subscription preferences (whether and what types of information you would like us to send you)
- Information about your activities and interests;
- Other profile data, such as contact information, gender and photo;
- Your physical activities or similar health related information (how long you exercised, caloric intake or weight lost);
- The contact of information of a friend (when inviting them to visit the Site);
- Payment information, such as credit card or financial account numbers (if applicable).
Log in Information for our Sites. Once you have signed up for a Competition Corner Site, on subsequent visits to the same Site, you may simply need to enter your user ID or email address (as applicable) and password to gain access to the Site.
Log in and Location Information for our Mobile Applications. When you first visit any of our Applications, you may have the option of creating a user ID and password for subsequent visits. When you log into certain of our Applications, we will request your permission to obtain your current location (so-called “geolocation” information) so that we can identify Events near you or to provide other location-related services. In the “settings” function on your phone, you will have the ability to manually permit or preclude us from recording your geolocation information for certain Applications or features of Applications.
Events and Training Information. As a registered user of our Sites, you may be able to post information about upcoming Events. We may collect information from you if you choose to register for an Event or record your training activity. For some Events, you may register directly on our Sites and through our Applications; for other Events, we may provide a link that directs you to the sponsor or holder of the Event. The information that we collect about you may vary based on the Event, but generally includes the same type of information that you would include when creating an account with us. In addition, we may collect information related to tracking competitive performance (e.g., data collected by events you have participated). If there is a charge to enter the Event, we may collect your credit card billing information, including your credit card number, expiration date, billing and shipping address, and other information necessary to process your payment.
Contests, Surveys and Questionnaires. When you sign up for sweepstakes or contests, or complete questionnaires or surveys, we collect the information you submit to us. We use this information to administer the sweepstakes, contest or survey, to analyze the results, for research purposes, to send you other information or offers we think may be of interest to you, to comply with legal requirements, and for other purposes as discussed in this Policy.
User Profiles, Comments and Posts. Some of our Sites and Applications allow users to create or post content, such as comments, profiles, blogs, and messages. If you provide content to our Sites, we may collect and use that information as described in this Policy. Please note that such information may be viewed, collected or used by other registered users and public visitors to our Sites. Once posted, we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law or your personal privacy. Your profile, however, may offer privacy settings within your account to help you manage how your content is displayed.
Job Site References. As part of applying for employment with Competition Corner, we may ask you for information such as details regarding your education, employment history, qualifications, and the contact information of a former colleague’s name. This information is used for job reference purposes only and is not used for any other purpose.
Information We Collect from Facebook. We may provide you with the opportunity to connect via Facebook, through our Sites or Applications. For example, you can indicate that you are going to participate in an Event and invite your Facebook friends to join that Event. If you log into Facebook through our Sites or Applications, we will request permission to (i) access your basic information, which includes your name, profile picture, gender, networks, Facebook user ID, list of friends and any other information that you have made public on Facebook; and (ii) manage your participation in Events. For information about how Facebook may disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult the Facebook Data Use Policy. We have no control over how Facebook uses or discloses the personal information you provide to it. We store the information that we receive from Facebook along with other information that we collect from you or receive about you.
Information We Collect About You From Third Parties. We also may collect information, including personally identifiable information, about you from our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties. For example, if you register for a race by clicking through our Sites, the sponsor of the race may provide us with your name and contact information; and, when the competition is over, we also may obtain your results.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services and for other customer service purposes;
- To provide information that you have requested to receive from us in response to your opt-in requests;
- To provide our Services at the request of our Clients;
- To administer Events;
- To provide and post results of Events;
- To improve our Sites and Services by providing personalized experiences, location customization, personalized help, and instructions;
- For marketing and advertising purposes; for example, we may use your information to display targeted advertisements to you on our Sites and to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites;
- To send you email, follow-up questions about your Event or your participation in an Event, news and newsletters, promotions, and/or invitations to visit the Site;
- To better understand how users access and use our Sites and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, and for other research purposes.
Clients should note that we may use information we receive or collect regarding Consumers (including without limitation via an Event registration page) in accordance with the terms of this Policy, including in the manner set forth above. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in certain contexts, we collect information on behalf of our Clients subject to contractual requirements that limit our ability to use and transfer your information in ways that are more narrow than those in this Policy (e.g., the information be only used as necessary to provide Services to the Client and/or for other specified purposes). In those limited circumstances, your information is subject to those contractual requirements and not to this Policy, subject to enforcement by the applicable Client. If your information is collected on behalf of a third party, it will be evident at the time that you provide such information. This Policy does not cover our Clients’ use of your information outside of our Services. You should contact that party directly to determine if your information is subject to such limitations on uses and to ascertain how the third party will make use of your information.
WHEN AND HOW DOES COMPETITION CORNER SHARE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Third Parties. We may share your information, including personally identifiable information, with non-affiliated and affiliated third parties.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, these providers may help us administer our Sites and Applications manage and administer Events, or process credit card payments. These third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of or information and may be located wherever Competition Corner operates. Where required by law, these companies agree to only use such information for the purposes for which they have been engaged by us unless you expressly permit them to use your information for other purposes.
- Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We may disclose the information that we collect about you to non-affiliated third parties (with your consent, if consent is required by law), such as promotional partners and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships. Those third parties may use your information for marketing purposes, such as to market products and services that they believe would be of interest to you. We also may combine the information that we collect about you with other information that we obtain from third parties. This information may help us to determine what advertisements to direct to you, to place on our website, and where to advertise our Services. As discussed in the advertising section below, you have the ability to opt out of certain uses of your information. You also have the ability to opt in to receiving certain information from us and non-affiliated third parties.
- Supplemental Service Partners. By purchasing, making reservations or registering for, products or services offered by third parties as a result of your interaction with the Services or use of the Sites (such as magazine subscriptions, hotel bookings, or cruises), electing to receive communications (such as emails) or electing to participate in contests, sweepstakes, or other programs (such as discount or rewards programs), offered or sponsored by third parties on the Site, you consent to our providing your personal information to those third parties, and you agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Those third parties may use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. You will need to contact those third parties to instruct them directly regarding your preferences for the use of your personal information by them. Additionally, you agree that we will have the right to use and disclose all such information submitted by you to such third parties in the same manner in which we have the right to use and disclose all other information submitted by you directly to us.
- Strategic Partners. Competition Corner has integration relationships with third-party companies and individuals ("Partners"). These relationships extend the functionality of the Services and the Partner’s application or service ("Integrated Service") by allowing the Services and the Integrated Service to exchange customer data and to establish linked business processes between the two. Customers who pay Competition Corner for use of the Services and use this Integrated Service are considered customers of both Competition Corner and the Partner. Competition Corner and the Partner may share customer contact, account, financial and billing information, and business data with respect to their integrated business relationship with the Customer. The sharing of this information allows Competition Corner and the Partner to establish the identity of the shared customer and determine referral fees owed. This sharing also allows the Partner to provide consolidated billing services to the shared Customer and allows for the enhanced functionality of the Integrated Service. Information shared for these purposes is governed by this Policy.
- Affiliate and Referral Partners. Competition Corner has referral relationships with third-party companies and individuals ("Referral Partners") who refer their customers to Competition Corner. Competition Corner and a Referral Partner may share certain information with respect to a customer that is referred by Competition Corner or a Referral Partner to allow Competition Corner and the Referral Partner to establish the identity of the shared customer and determine referral fees owed.
We also may share your information for the following reasons:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company. You acknowledge and agree that any successor to or acquiror of Competition Corner will continue to have the right to use your information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate and Anonymized Information. We may share aggregate or anonymized information about Customers with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the Customers to whom we displayed the advertisements.
- Third Party Applications. Third party applications, such as the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google buttons, may be available on our Sites. The owners or providers of those third party applications may collect personally identifiable information from you. Their collection of information is bound by their own information collection policies and practices. Your interactions with third party applications on our Sites may be shared with others within your social network. We are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by third parties.
- Third Party Links. At times, our Sites and Applications may contain links to other third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, and secure socket layering to protect our Sites and the information we collect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any of your personal information via the Internet.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, computer, and web-enabled devices, among other things, by signing off after using a shared computer, inserting a password on your web-enabled device, choosing a password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, keeping your password private, and periodically changing your password. You should never share your log-in information with others. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity. More information on Competition Corner’s security can be found at: https://www.competitioncorner.net/security.
CAN I ACCESS AND MODIFY MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete/remove, or ask to have it removed from a public forum or testimonial by making the change within your account settings or by contacting us via one of the methods listed in this Policy. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may continue to reside in our systems for a period of time. Also, you may not be able to remove your personal information from archived web pages that we no longer maintain, such as your name and results from a past Event. In the event we are unable to complete your access request, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
If your information has been shared with a third party, as described above, or collected on behalf of a Client, then that third party has received their own copy of your data. If you have been contacted by one of these third parties, or one of our Clients, and wish to correct or request they delete your information, please contact them directly.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING MY INFORMATION?
Competition Corner may send you emails from time-to-time, for example, to ask you about an Event in which you participated. When you use our Services, you may have the option of signing up for news and offers from us or other third parties, which may include, information about Events, our newsletter or other items that we (or third parties) believe may be of interest to you. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving the information that you have requested to receive from us, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests.
To opt-out of products, programs, Services or offers from our affiliates and trusted partners, please contact [email protected] or log into your account and update your subscription preferences. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us, or for other customer services purposes. In addition, you may still receive emails sent by our Clients through means other than our system. Further, if you opt out of receiving information related to a particular Event, you will still receive Competition Corner communications and communications from other organizers whose Events you have attended or are registered to attend or who have otherwise obtained your email address. So you may have to unsubscribe from multiple emails before you stop receiving all communications related to Events for which you registered through our Services. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from update communications about the Services unless you close your account.
If you wish to not have your personal information shared with third parties for the creation and display of targeted advertisements, you will need to close your account. This action may be possible through the settings within your account or by contacting us at [email protected].
By electing to stop receiving all communications from us or through our system you will no longer receive any updates on your account or on Events you are registered to attend or have previously attended, including communications regarding refunds. We do not recommend that you do this unless you plan to no longer use the Services, are not currently registered for an Event, are not currently organizing an Event and will have no need to receive further communications from us or through our system. Even after you opt out of all communications, we will retain your information in accordance with this Policy, however, we will no longer use it to contact you. However, our Clients who have received your information in accordance with this Policy may still use that information to contact you in accordance with their own privacy policies, but they may not use our system to do so.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES
Competition Corner complies with the U.S. - E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Competition Corner has aligned adherence to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program and to view the certifications, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using our Sites and Applications, you consent to the transfer and processing of your information in countries which may not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary. If, however, you do not consent, then we may not be able to provide you with our Services.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you are registering for an Event with a government entity, we may be restricted by law or contract from transferring your information outside of the particular jurisdiction in which that government entity resides.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Parents have the right to consent to the collection and use of personal information from children under the age of 13 (collectively, “Children,” and individually, a “Child”) without also consenting to the disclosure of such information to outside third parties, except in order to provide the Services. Competition Corner does not share personal information collected from Children with third parties for any purpose other than to provide the Services.
- What information do we collect from children under the age of 13?
- Personal information such as a parent’s email address;
- Username and password;
- Date of birth;
- Display name (this is the name other people will see when the Child posts items to one of our Sites or engage in other similar activities on our Sites);
- Information about a Child’s activities and interests;
- Other profile data, such as contact information, gender, and photo (collected from the parent);
- Physical activities or similar health related information (how long you exercised, caloric intake, or weight lost);
- The contact of information of a friend (when inviting them to visit the Site);
- How we use the information collected from Children?
- To provide a notice to parents regarding your Child’s interest in registering to use the Sites;
- To obtain verifiable parental consent;
- To provide our Services, to communicate with parents about your Child’s use of our Services and for other customer service purposes;
- To provide information that a parent or Child has requested to receive from us in response to an opt-in request;
- To provide our Services at the request of our Clients
- To administer Events;
- To provide results of Events;
- To improve our Sites and Services by providing personalized experiences, location customization, personalized help, and instructions.
- Can I access and modify my Child’s personal information?
- If your Child’s personal information changes, if you no longer wish to allow your Child to participate on the Sites, or if you wish to delete your Child’s information and refuse further collection and use of the information, please email us at [email protected].
- How long is my Child’s information retained?
- We will retain the information we collect for as long as your or your Child’s account is active, as needed to provide our Services. You may close your or your Child’s account by contacting us. Nonetheless, we may retain your or your Child’s information for an additional period as is permitted or required to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please note that even if we delete your or your Child’s information, it may persist on backup or archival media and other information systems.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS California residents may request a list of all third parties to which Competition Corner has disclosed certain personally identifiable information about you for marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at:
Attn: Competition Corner Privacy
531 Main St, #510
El Segundo, CA 90245
Email: [email protected]
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time, so be sure to check back periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to notify you in advance of such change, by highlighting the change on the Sites or by sending an email to you at the email address that you have registered with us. Your continued use of the Services after any changes or revisions to this Policy will indicate your agreement with the terms of the revised Policy.
If we make material changes to how we use personal information collected from Children under age 13, we will notify parents by email (at the address provided to us) in order to obtain verifiable parental consent for the new uses of the Child's personal information.
Competition Corner regularly reviews its practices regarding personally identifiable information and this Policy. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at:
Attn: Competition Corner Privacy
531 Main St, #510
El Segundo, CA 90245
Email: [email protected]